Preventing the Underaged Accessing Gambling Sites
SpaceCasino advises and encourages its customers to prevent minors from accessing gambling websites. We recommend that customers install filter software to assist in this, such as that offered by Net Nanny or one of the other providers listed below. This software will allow customers to restrict internet access for children and young people.
SpaceCasino does not allow anyone under the age of 18 to gamble on our site. We take our responsibility in this matter very seriously.
- Please note that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to gamble.
- Within seventy two (72) hours of making a deposit SpaceCasino will verify that the customer making the deposit is 18 years of age, or older. Please note that depositing with a credit card will automatically verify that you are over 18 years of age.
- A customer's account may be suspended and funds may be withheld within this seventy two (72) hour period, until satisfactory proof of age is provided.
- On the discovery of a person under the age of eighteen (18) that has opened an account, that account will be closed immediately with all winnings confiscated, deposits returned and in some cases the offence will be reported to the police.
- Similarly, if a customer's age cannot be verified within seventy two (72) hours of making their first deposit, that account will be closed with all winnings confiscated, deposits returned and in some cases the offence will be reported to the police.
- Random age checks will be carried out on credit card depositing customers to ensure that they are over eighteen (18) years of age.
SpaceCasino can be great fun and entertainment, provided you stay in control.
At SpaceCasino we want to ensure that our players always enjoy their experience when they visit us and that they play in a safe and friendly environment. For that reason, we ask you to play responsibly. However SpaceCasino acknowledges that gambling can possibly create problems. These problems can range from over-spending to a gambling addiction.
In order to prevent this, we advise that you please bear the following in mind:
- Keep track of the amount of money you spend and only gamble what you can afford to lose. Do not chase your losses.
- Keep track of the amount of time you spend gambling.
- Establish limits for depositing that you can afford before commencing gambling.
- Try to consider how long you wish any gambling session to last before commencing and be sure to keep an eye on the clock.
- Try not to let gambling interfere with your daily responsibilities.
- Gambling is not advised if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Do not turn to gambling as an alternative source of income or as a way to recoup debt.
SpaceCasino is committed to creating a responsible gaming environment for the benefit of both players and staff alike.
- Do you find that you are becoming preoccupied with past gambling successes?
- As time goes on do you find that you need to increase your bet sizes to achieve the same enjoyment and excitement? And if you win, do you feel the need to try and win more?
- After losing, do you feel that you have to try and win back your losses as soon as possible? To do this do you increase the size and frequency of your wagers?
- Have you recently tried to give up gambling?
- Have you ever lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling or have you ever argued with friends or family about how much you gamble?
- Do you ever use gambling as a way of ignoring stress in your life or to escape from what you might perceive to be a boring or unhappy life?
- Is your gambling a cause of stress and worry, which affects all aspects of your life?
- Do people know you as a gambler? Have others ever criticized your gambling and have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed in order to get money to gamble with, or would you steal or commit an illegal act to raise money for your gambling?
- Has gambling ever ruined a personal relationship or an occupational or educational opportunity? Have you ever stayed away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods or do you gamble for longer than you thought you would?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on normal household expenditure?
- Do you ever gamble until you've run out of all your money?
- Do you feel guilty if you gamble and lose a lot of money?
- Do you try to use gambling as a source of income?
- Does your gambling make you want to escape your life to the extent of considering suicide?
Gambling is supposed to be fun and a form of entertainment. However if you have answered 'yes' to a substantial number of these questions, the likelihood is that you are having difficulties with your gambling.
To speak with someone who can give you advice and support in relation to these potential difficulties, please contact one of the organisations listed below:
If you want to take the hassle out of monitoring your spending, you can always set a daily, weekly or monthly deposit limit. The system will then prevent you from depositing more than that amount within the given time frame.
You can set or change a deposit limit by logging in, navigating to My Account, and following the information from there; or by contacting customer support.
Please note that when a limit has been set it will take place with immediate effect, similarly if you decrease this limit, it will also take place with immediate effect. However an increase in your deposit limit will only come in to effect after 24 hours have passed from the time you have increased your limit.
Take a Break
We understand that your personal circumstances may change and that you may want to take a break from gambling for a while, perhaps to save for a holiday, or maybe when you are travelling.
We offer three types of breaks:
With our Short Break option you can Take a Break from one to seven days. During this time you will not be able to access your account.
With our Medium Break option you can Take a Break from seven to thirty days. During this time you will not be able to access your account.
With our Long Break option you can Take a Break from one month to six weeks.
You can set a Short, Medium or Long Break by contacting customer support.
If you feel you are developing a gambling problem please consider a period of self exclusion from gambling on our site. This period can be from six months to five years.
When you select a period of self-exclusion, please consider this carefully, as there is no "cooling off period". It cannot be undone until the period of time you have selected for self-exclusion has passed.
The self-exclusion period we offer is for a minimum of six months and a maximum of five years.
If you choose to gamble again once the self-exclusion period has ended, you will be given a 24hr cooling off period before your account is reopened.
When a self-exclusion request is implemented; your account will be closed immediately.
Within two business days of your request to self-exclusion, you will be flagged on all our databases to ensure that no marketing material will be sent to you.
Marketing material will not be sent to you if you have Self Exclusion or have not made a positive step to gamble again once the self-exclusion period has ended.
You can set your self-exclusion period by contacting customer support.